Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changelings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyperlot

Hyperlot

I'm Contributing!

Changelings Empty
PostSubject: Changelings   Changelings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:14 am

So, in the newest update I have noticed that Changelings can no longer take their transformations immediately. I have been informed that this is because they now have a steep BP requirement for taking said transformations. While I'm sure Ranko had reasons for doing this, I have to point out that having to wait until year 25ish to use your transformations as a Changeling kind of defeats the purpose. I also realize though that having n00bs have access to all that power so early on can be problematic.

Better solution? Return the transformations to the state they were and make Changelings a rare. We don't need more than a maximum of three a wipe, and thats assuming the wipe is big. Furthermore, if the RPer controlling the Changeling is competent it can make the early wipe a pleasant experience for all involved.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
kingcodeman

Changelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changelings   Changelings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:46 am

I agree it always seemed crazy to have a whole bunch of them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ranko

Ranko

DBE Admin
Host
Game Coder
Designer

Changelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changelings   Changelings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:44 am

Here is the thing hyper, if you remember clearly changelings before the addition of the transformation verb actually had to work for their transes, they had to learn power control for one which could take up to year 25 on its own, with the return of planet gravity they also now have a slight gain increase so the BP req is not a very high hurdle assuming the changelings do what every other race has done, have a techy and I refuse to accept that their tech mod cant do it I changed that a long time ago with the addition of personalities and histories, the only thing stopping it from happening is the players so there is honestly no reason to change how it currently is, this stops idiots from having too much power upon making and rewards people who stay and roleplay, while giving people in the beginning a chance against the changelings since they can no longer just go, "lol final form" like they tended to or just trans up with a snap of their fingers to an absurd amount of power because they felt like it.

As sad as it is to type this last bit up it is true, alot of players either do not know how to be fair or dont care about being fair and trying to make the game fun, they simply want to be the strongest, kill any who stand against them and say they were. These people are the reason limitations end up having to be placed in, I know some of the players I could leave everything unlocked and there for them and they would use only what was fair in an attempt to create roleplay and to keep it going, it is these people that more often than not are rewarded with bonuses, ranks, rares, or simply allowed to do something that was never done before.

I know I went a bit on a rant on that but I felt that I really needed to explain why such things are done not only to you hyper but also to those other players that will hopefully find themselves on this forum, as for your suggestion on making them a rare ask yourself this for a moment, with the admin staff currently being rebuilt and the playerbase as low as it is do you think making another race a rare will solve the issue? This honestly is no different than my suggestion to simply force changeling trans to have to be admin controlled which several people did not like.
Back to top Go down
Hyperlot

Hyperlot

I'm Contributing!

Changelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changelings   Changelings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 am

Ranko wrote:
Here is the thing hyper, if you remember clearly changelings before the addition of the transformation verb actually had to work for their transes, they had to learn power control for one which could take up to year 25 on its own, with the return of planet gravity they also now have a slight gain increase so the BP req is not a very high hurdle assuming the changelings do what every other race has done, have a techy and I refuse to accept that their tech mod cant do it I changed that a long time ago with the addition of personalities and histories, the only thing stopping it from happening is the players so there is honestly no reason to change how it currently is, this stops idiots from having too much power upon making and rewards people who stay and roleplay, while giving people in the beginning a chance against the changelings since they can no longer just go, "lol final form" like they tended to or just trans up with a snap of their fingers to an absurd amount of power because they felt like it.

As sad as it is to type this last bit up it is true, alot of players either do not know how to be fair or dont care about being fair and trying to make the game fun, they simply want to be the strongest, kill any who stand against them and say they were. These people are the reason limitations end up having to be placed in, I know some of the players I could leave everything unlocked and there for them and they would use only what was fair in an attempt to create roleplay and to keep it going, it is these people that more often than not are rewarded with bonuses, ranks, rares, or simply allowed to do something that was never done before.

I know I went a bit on a rant on that but I felt that I really needed to explain why such things are done not only to you hyper but also to those other players that will hopefully find themselves on this forum, as for your suggestion on making them a rare ask yourself this for a moment, with the admin staff currently being rebuilt and the playerbase as low as it is do you think making another race a rare will solve the issue? This honestly is no different than my suggestion to simply force changeling trans to have to be admin controlled which several people did not like.

Ranko, learning Power Control on Changelings was leaps and bounds easier than hitting a BP Req will be. Due to the nature of the power ranks, Changelings seldom gain squat for BP until past year 20, which means it could take up to year 30+ to unlock the transes ( I of course, don't know the actual Reqs, but Promo told me they were fairly steep.) On the other hand, Power Control sometimes would emerge among the Changelings year 5, but usually by the time Changelings came into contact with other races, a la year 15, it was known to at least one Changeling.

Really, Changelings have always served the function of a rare. They are not worthy of being long term characters at all, their transformations become useless once FBM becomes commonplace on the server. With their own FBM being relatively low, the whole purpose of Changelings was to inspire early wipe RP, similar to, say, an Ancient Namekian. I don't really feel like the number of players has any influence of whether or not Changelings should be a rare, because by that logic, a low pbase means we should open Legendaries and Majins as non-rare races.

My concern is that making Changelings wait to get their transes until their transes are almost meaningless defeats the purpose of the race.
Back to top Go down
Ranko

Ranko

DBE Admin
Host
Game Coder
Designer

Changelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changelings   Changelings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Yes the bp reqs are steep, then again since the transes go off the bp you have not just your actual bp, as such the bp each trans gives you is counted towards the next trans and I needed to make it to where you have to put some effort in to achieve each trans, no its not high in comparison, it wont take forever to reach, yes you will have to do some training to get the transes, but as I said, its not a whole lot. As for the purpose of changelings creating early RP, yes that is initially what they were ment for but the last few times there have been changelings 2 things kept always happening, someone would metagame to get them off CP and then people would run from them because the changies kept simply killing everyone that said no to them. So low pbase coupled by players believing death is the end of RP ment people either quit (more often than not) or remade and hid from the changies, flat out metagaming sometimes. This small restriction on their transes is not a big deal, plus you are IMMEDIATELY saying its absurd when in fact it hasnt even been tried, give it a chance before saying its broken or it makes changelings useless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Changelings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changelings   Changelings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changelings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dragonball Encore Reborn :: Suggestions-
Jump to: